Updated 28 Oct 14:
It is done! Sucessful, we received plenty of photo and video sharing of project using SK40C, SK28A 🙂 Many of these projects are very impressing. Please visit our facebook page to look at the sharing! Thanks everyone for sharing, liking and participating CIKU contest. We hope the winners will utilize the CIKU and share the project too!
We have 100 free CIKU to give out! Including shipping fee, only 100 pcs. Grab it fast! The terms and conditions:
- Share a photo or album or video on the project you did or doing (you are the project owner) using SK40C or SK40B or SK28A on facebook or Google+.
- Make the sharing “PUBLIC” so everyone can see it.
- Hashtag (#):
- Tag (@): @Cytron Technologies
- Ask your friends to like your sharing. If there is 50 or more likes, you are qualify to claim 1 CIKU from us. We will ship to you for FREE.
- Closing date is 28th Oct 2014 (Tuesday) and closing time is 11am (morning), Malaysia time (UCT + 08.00).
- Send an email to [email protected] with the sharing link, and your full contact (name, phone and address).
- 1st come 1st serve basis, only 100 pcs of CIKU.
- Check out the video of sharing project photo on facebook.
The CIKU will take 1 to 2 weeks to be shipped out.
For more info about CIKU, please visit the CIKU product page.
Great news for PIC microcontroller lover. CIKU is for you.
Named after a type of tropical fruit, sweet and brown in color. Normally known as “sapodilla“, we call it “CIKU” in Malaysia.
CIKU is PIC18F4550 based Arduino form factor starter kit for hobbiyst, student, developer or any maker that likes to use PIC microcontroller and want to utilize Arduino shield. We acknowledge and appreciate the ease of hardware interface provided by hundreds of Arduino shield out there. I am sure PIC lover would like to utilize these shields, and with CIKU, you will have it.
CIKU is born from the experiences of using Arduino and feedback we gather from SK40C users. Ciku comes with PIC18F4550 pre-programed with Microchip USB HID Bootloader and with this, loading program will only require a USB Mini-B cable, no extra programmer is needed. This will lower the cost needed to get start. It reserves the PICkit2/3 6-way ICSP pads for those that like to use ICD or PICkit2/3 to load program.
To utilize Arduino shield, CIKU has been designed based on Arduino form factor, the side female headers, pin assignments, 5V, 3.3V, Reset and GND are compatible with Arduino UNO. Furthermore, to provide the feel of Arduino environment, we are developing library for Ciku with MPLAB X IDE and XC8 Compiler (both are free IDE and compiler from Microchip). You will be able to use the pinMode(1, OUTPUT) and analogRead(A1) as in Arduino IDE. It is not 100% software compatible, we are trying to minimize the transition effort needed. And it is open source, we welcome and invite everyone that love CIKU to help and contribute in library development, and share it, any form of feedbacks are more than welcome.
Features and Specifications:
- Comes with pre-programmed PIC18F4550 with USB bootloader.
- PIC18F4550 running at 48MHz (after PLL with 10MHz external crystal).
- Power via USB or external DC adapter (7 – 12V).
- On board 5V 800mA (Max 1A) voltage regulator.
- On board 3.3V 500mA (Max 500mA) voltage regulator.
- USB mini-B receptor for USB connection.
- 20 digital I/O pins.
- 6 analog input pin.
- 2 PWM output pin.
- Standard Arduino UNO R3 header, able to utilize Arduino shield.
- Extra pads with standard 0.1” (2.54 mm) pitch to pitch.
- 32KByte flash/program memory (~28K after bootloader).
- On board Power, Run and programmable LED.
- Reset button and bootloader button for entering USB bootloader mode.
- Program with MPLAB X IDE and XC8 compiler (library is open source and provided)
- Program loading via USB HID, GUI from Microchip provided.
- PICkit standard ICSP 6-way pads for direct program loading (optional)