This article is about PWM signal and the response of MDDS10 which being controlled by this PWM from microcontroller, and the PWM signal shown on oscilloscope.
The MDDS10 be injected with PWM from microcontroller (CT-UNO) continuously.
Attach the wheel with the motor and place the MDDS10 board on the base of the robot.
Connect the wire motor wire and the power supply wire to MDDS10 board.
- Right motor wires connect to MRA and MRB terminals of MDDS10.
- Left motor wires connect to MLA and MLB terminals of MDDS10.
- Positive power supply connect to B+ of MDDS10.
- Negative power supply connect to B- of MDDS10.
Note: Please make sure to connect positive power supply wire and negative power supply wire correctly to MDDS10 board.
Check the movement of the right motor and left motor by pressing one of the buttons at ‘G’ and ‘J’ on MDDS10 board.
- Connect the battery to the MDDS10.
- Press button MLB and MRB, the motor should rotates forward.
- Press button MLA and MRA the motor should rotates backward.
Tips: If the motor move in opposite direction, just change the polarity of the wire motor on MDDS10. 😀
Note: Make sure the battery is connect with correct polarity.
Change the DIP mode on MDDS10 board.
- Upload the sketch of PWM to CT-UNO.
- Place the CT-UNO with the robot.
- Connect the CT-UNO with MDDS10 with female to female jumper wire accordingly.
|CT-UNO pin||MDDS10 input pin|
- Please make sure 5V and GND is connected correctly.
- You can refer to the User’s Manual for more details.
- Connect the oscilloscope’s probe to the PWM pin on CT-UNO( pin ~6 or ~5).
- Use male to male jumper to clip from the oscilloscope crocodile clip and connect the jumper to the GND at CT-UNO.
- Connect the power supply to the MDDS10 board.
- No power supply is needed for CT-UNO as it is powering up from MDDS10 5V output.
- Turn on the oscilloscope.
- observe the waveform output on the oscilloscope screen.
- Please make sure the positive and negative terminals of battery are connected correctly to the MDDS10.