Since we already have Espresso Lite lets write a getting started tutorial for it. In this tutorial, the topics that we cover are:
- Board Setup (connect to network)
- Getting Started with Arduino IDE
- How to install the library from Github
Here is the specification for the board. For further information about the board you can visit our website. 😉
- Features Espressif System’s ESP8266 WROOM-02 Wi-Fi module (with 4MB flash)
- Design for IoT with free espert.io cloud and app service
- Support the Arduino IDE (boards manager) and libraries
- Auto program loading from Arduino IDE, using UC00A (or other compatible USB to Serial)
- Vin: 5 to 12VDC
- Operating Voltage: 3.3VDC
- On board 3.3V Voltage Regulator with maximum current of 800mA continuous, 1A peak
- One Reset button, two User Programmable buttons
- WROOM-02 module is FCC, CE & TELEC certified
- Breadboard friendly breakout pins
- Ready pads for I2C Oled panel
- Operating Voltage: 3.0 to 3.6VDC
- Operating Current: Average = 80mA
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n at 2.4 GHz
- WiFi mode: SoftAP/Station/SoftAP + Station
- Security: WPA/WPA2
- Encrytion: WEP/TKIP/AES
- Integrated low power 32-bit MCU
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- Various interfaces available, including SDIO, HSPI, UART, I2C, I2S, IR, PWM, GPIO, etc.
- Supports antenna diversity
- Deep sleep power <10uA, Power down leakage current < 5uA
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- +20dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Operating temperature range -40C ~ 125C
- FCC, CE and TELEC certified
|–Espresso Lite V2.0 || –USB to UART Converter |
|–DHT22 Temperature and Humidity Sensor|| –I2C Oled Module – Blue|
Connect to the internet by using AP mode(access point) method.
Asemble the Oled screen to the Espresso Lite v2.0 at 3v3,GND,SCL and SDA as the picture show:
Press the button of GPIO13 for a few second until the Espresso Lite v2.0 restart, to switch the mode to the AP mode.
- Long blinks : SmartConfig mode
- No flash: Connected to Wi-Fi
- Short blinks: AP mode
- Normal blink: Trying to connect to Wi-Fi
- No flash: Not connected to Wi-Fi
The Espresso Lite v2.0 now as a access point,so connect the access point ,the SSID of the access point will show in hexcedecimal number.Convert the number of the Oled screen show to hexcedecimal,and you will get the SSID.
Open Internet browser and insert the IP address 192.168.4.1
A box will appear ,choose one of the Wifi network and press Enter.
Note: **After pressing Enter, press the button GPIO13 till the Oled screen reset. If the Espresso Lite v2.0 not connected please repeat the step or choose the other network.
When the Oled screen show “Success”,that mean the network is connected with ur device.
Getting Started Espresso Lite v2.0 with Arduino IDE
Install or update Arduino IDE v1.6.8
Click on file->Prefereces->Settings->Additional Boards Manager URLs
Copy the http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json into the colume of Additional Boards Manager URLs and clink “OK”.
Next,click on Tools->Board->Boards Manager,install the esp8266 by ESP8266 Community latest version.
After install ,again go to board and click on Espresso Lite v2.0.
After that, go to Sketch->Include Library->Manage Library,search the library below and install it.
- ESPert by Jimmy (current version 1.1.5)
- Adafruit NeoPixel by Adafruit (current version 1.0.4)
- ArduinoJson by Benoit Blanchon (current version 5.1.1)
- DHT sensor library by Adafruit (current version 1.2.3)
- ESP8266 Oled Driver for SSD1306 display by Daniel Eichborn (current version 2.0.0)
- HttpClient by Adrian McEwen (current version 2.2.0)
- PubSubClient by Nick O’Leary (current version 2.6.0)
Note: **Make sure you have installed the LATEST version for these libraries!
Or you can install it from github,click the link of each library to download the zip file.
How to install library from github manually?
Download the zip file library from github and save to a folder.
Go to Sketch->Include Library->Add.ZIP Library
Select your zip file and open it.So the library will install in your Arduino IDE 1.6.8.
You may try other example.