We are officially registered under HRDF!! There are many schemes that are offered under HRDF such as SBL Khas, SBL and etc. The only scheme that are available for our company is SBL. We are not yet have any programmes registered under SBL Khas.
You can find us as training provider registered under HRDF here. (link)
Lets check out this tutorial for more information!! 😉
Q: What is SBL scheme?
A: TRAINING ASSISTANCE SCHEME (SBL SCHEME)
Skim Bantuan Latihan (SBL), is the main scheme under Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF). Under this scheme, employers are free to identify their own training needs and to implement their training programmes to retrain and upgrade their employees’ skills in line with their operational and business requirements. SBL is offered based on these fundamental guidelines such as:-
- HRDF provide specialized training grant as an incentive for employers to retrain and upgrade workers’ skills, in line with the needs of their business requirement. Training grant is not a subsidy for training;
- Under SBL Scheme, employers are to identify their workers’ training needs and obliged to pay fully the training programme; and
- For programmes under the SBL Scheme, prior approvals must be obtained from HRDF. Reimbursement of allowable training costs is based on the rate of financial assistance as determined by HRDF from time to time. Payment is based on EMPLOYER CLAIM.
Terms and Conditions
Q: What are the terms and conditions for the employer to claim under this scheme?
A: Fundamentally as follows:
a) Total training hours per day is 7 contact hours (minus lunch break)
b) For in-house:
– Soft skills (min 5 pax; max 35 pax, if 35 – 40 pax, requires 2 trainers, if more than 40 pax, need to split to 2 groups)
– Technical (min 5 pax; max 25 pax)
– Public (min 1 pax, max from the same company, 9 pax, if more than 9 pax per company, need to conduct as an in-house)
c) If total training hours is 4 hours per day, employers can apply for half of the maximum allowable costs
d) Training can be conducted at hotel, training premise or own premise using internal trainer, external trainer or overseas trainer
e) Overseas training/seminar/conference also allowed and rate of financial assistance is 50% from the allowable cost for generic courses. 100% rate of financial assistance if training in advanced technology, strategic marketing and R&D.
Q: As for the training provider, what is the term and conditions for the programmes provided is approved and claimable for the employer?
A: Fundamentally as follows:
a) Training provider is registered with PSMB
b) Total training hours as mentioned above
c) Clear and concise course contents
d) Has CVs for all trainers
e) Quotation for fees and if GST involved, better provide Tax Invoice
Q: How to claim under this SBL scheme?
A:Employers need to apply from PSMB prior to the commencement of the training and payment of fees will be pay directly to us. Upon approval and after the training, employers need to apply for online claim and submit together with all relevant supported docs such as receipt and etc.
You can refer to this link for more information. (link)