Last Updated on 6 June 2017
Welcome to our new member of SmartDriveDuo series, SmartDriveDuo-30 – 30A Dual Channel DC Motor Driver. This time the outlook is quite different from previous, more handsome, stronger and compact.
SmartDriveDuo-30 is one of the latest smart series motor drivers designed to drive medium power brushed DC motor with current capacity up to 80A peak (few seconds) and 30A continuously, each channel. This driver is designed specially for controlling differential drive mobile robot using RC controller. Nevertheless, MDDS30 also can be controlled using analog joystick or microcontroller (PWM, Serial). MOSFETs are switched at 18kHz to ensure quiet operation and no annoying whining sound. Besides, it also equipped with a microcontroller unit to provide smart features such as multiple input modes and current limit and thermal protection.
Some application that you can use for this motor driver is RC mode.
Features of SmartDriveDuo-30:
- Bi-directional control for dual brushed DC motor.
- Support motor voltage from 7V to 35VDC.
- Maximum current up to 80A peak (1 second), 30A continuously, each channel.
- On board MOSFETs are switched at 18kHz for quiet operation.
- Battery low voltage indicator.
- Battery over voltage indicator.
- Thermal protection.
- Current limit protection.NEW
- Multiple input modes: RC, Analog/PWM, Serial Simplified and Serial Packetized.
- GROVE compatible connectors for control input.NEW
- RC (Radio Control) friendly connectors.
- On board push buttons for fast test and manual operation.
- On board LED indicators for Error, RUN, Over current, motor output, for each channel.
- Dimension: 81.28mm (W) x 101.60mm (L) x 42mm (H)
- SmartDriveDuo-30 is not equipped with polarity protection for power connection. Please double check your wiring before power up the board.
- Using DC power supply only may damage the driver, use battery instead. For more information, please refer to the SmartDriveDuo-30 User’s Manual.
If you have further questions, please go to our technical forum as we seldom check the comment here. Thanks and have a good day!